• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 101A3 Ft. Meade First Surplus "Vehicle"

pmramsey

M101a3

You still scored well! You may find the A2 suits your purposes better than an A3. The A2 is the same width as a CUCV (and a civilian pickup truck) and the A3 matches the track of a HMMWV, which means threading holes in traffic and parking in normal spaces will be tricky with an A3. The downside of an A2 is the space between the wheel wells is just short of 4' which means that a sheet of plywood will not lay flat without mods, in a proper A3 it will lay flat. By proper A3 I mean an A3 axle under an A3 body, there have been a LOT of A2 trailers on GL lately with A3 axles.
I won an M101A3 bed mounted on an M116A2 one-ton trailer with combat rims, great tarp too on this same auction. $411. This is the best of all worlds for me.

Pawnshop

Swing by Tractor Supply (or another farm/ranch/trailer supply store) and get a 3/8"x4-1/4" hitch pin. If the dampener in your surge brake assembly is bad the trailer will lurch violently when you try to stop, and will scare the poo out of you (ask me how I know...), the pin goes in the hole under the brake apparatus and locks it out. You will have NO trailer brakes, but you will have better control than you would with a lurching trailer.

Attachments

pmramsey

You can

and here i thought i could pick up a 101 for $200.
One must be patient. I purchased a lot of two M101a2 trailers at Jacksonville last year for $255 for the lot. They had new tires, tarps, chains, fiberglass sides, new paint, no rust...perfect in everyway. There were over a hundred on the auction that week and probably that number the week before.

There is only so much money available in any given week or span of time. Couple this with a not so central GL location, plenty of satisfied buyers from recent auctions, large inventories, and you have the receipe for finding some excellent values.

One must be patient. I purchased a lot of two M101a2 trailers at Jacksonville last year for $255 for the lot. They had new tires, tarps, chains, fiberglass sides, new paint, no rust...perfect in everyway. There were over a hundred on the auction that week and probably that number the week before.

There is only so much money available in any given week or span of time. Couple this with a not so central GL location, plenty of satisfied buyers from recent auctions, large inventories, and you have the receipe for finding some excellent values.

I just recovered my new 101A2 on Wednesday that was low priced with fiberglass sides, bows, a nice tarp and A3 jack.

I bid on it for the fiberglass sides. Who needs an A2?

BTW, there was a **** ton of trailers waiting to be listed.

Last edited:

busbart

Is there someone in the surroundings of Buffalo Texas who likes to part with a neat M-101A2 for a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Bart