• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1028 air intake

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen a CUCV (100s) with an intake hose. They have all looked like your picture

1984M1009

Do you think i should fab one on - or would it be ok to run it like it is?
Thanks
considering they came thats the way they came yes it would be okay

A cold air intake might help a little but the filter is inside so it doesn't hurt anything with it being like that

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the process of rigging a ram-air / fresh-air supply to my intake. I purchased the separator and hose from Banks and now exploring options to transition the hose to the air filter housing. As soon as I have this complete I will post photos and parts list.

jimmy-90

I built up an intake useing a 6.5L air cleaner assembly and intake resonator that I got from the junk yard. I had to add in some heating duct pluming from the hardware store to make it a ram air though. Just type [my cucv ram-air project] into the search function on this site and it will take you to the article with pics. I've been running that intake set up for more than 6 months now and it works great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks