• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1028 bolt on reciever hitch

diesel583

Not that I could find, used a Reese with a few modifications to the hitch I was able to keep everything the way it was. The biggest problem was finding one that fit right under the bumper fost are for bumpers with 4 or 6 inch drop

rose jackets67

I'm looking for the same thing... do you have a part number for the Reese you used, and any further info on what mods it took?

Right now my truck has a 2" receiver tube welded to the bottom of the bumper. I'm ok towing my little john boat off of it, but don't want to put any more load on somebody elses boogerwelds.

bbbang

You can go to the junk yard, buy a complete receiver hitch off a late model chevy, around $50 or so, and either adapt it to the truck or have a welding shop do it for you. The receiver hitches are normally pretty cheap from the salvage yard, so when you are done you have a great hitch and not a lot of money tied up. I did this on a M1009. Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks