• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1028 gear ratio

Tplane37

Outstanding. It is getting harder to come by the 700R4's set up for the diesel... I can find them out of cars all day long, but the heavier duty ones with the right torque converter and the right shift points is getting to be a PITA to locate. And if memory serves me correctly, the 4L80E doesn't require the elusive TV cable bracket because it doesn't use it nor does it use vacuum, correct?

richingalveston

no bracket needed and the vacuum is not needed either. you have to leave the vacuum pump in because the oil pump uses the shaft of the vacuum pump but you do not have to worry if the pump works or not. I went with the TCI controler due to it has additional functionality. I did have problems with TCI getting me a working controler but now that I have it, I beleive I will be happy with it. The trans controler has an rpm display along with actual speed based on the input of your gear ratio and tire size. It also displays your current gear, along with Torque converter lockup status. On a different screen setting you can see trans temp also. I will get some pics of the controler on here tomorrow for everyone to see. I mounted it behind the dash where the 24volt meter was. I moved the meter to the left side of the gauge cluster.
With the tci controler you also need an electric throttle possition sensor which replaces the vacuum one on the side of the IP, you also need an rpm signal which I used a dakota digital DC1 module. both of these are very easy to install.
Other people here recomend the OPTI shift. I hear that everyone likes it but you do not get as many additional options with it. there is another controler which is just a box with a bunch of dials on it and nothing digital, I did not have any reveiws on that controler.
I cannot give any real time data just yet on the trans and controler because I am still waiting on my transfercase build. I purchased a magnum box from ord. I just received the input shaft and 205 rebuild kit and tomorrow I drop off my 205 case at the machine shop to have the input bearing hole made larger. I am supposed to have the magnum box in the next two weeks.
The 4l80e is 2 inches longer than the th400 and thus the 208 slip yoke transfer case with my 5 inch lift does not work. On a 1008 or a 1009 with no more than 2 inches of lift it should be ok. My driveshaft angle is to much for the slip yoke 208.
When I install the 205 with magnum box, it will actually give me an extra inch in rear driveshaft length over stock. The 205 with magnum is 3+ inches shorter than the 208 with slip yoke mainly because it is thinner. The front driveshaft will be back to the stock length and the rear will be an inch longer than stock. I will also be using a CV style rear driveshaft which will match the front driveshaft.
I hope to have the 1009 on the road by the first of march and then I will be able to give some feedback on how the controler works and the rpm vs. speed.
My 1009 has 37 inch tires with 4:56 gears (has 1008 axles) so it may not be comparable to others with stock tires and the 3:08 gears.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks