• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1028 Safe RPM

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you read the threads at the bottom of this page? (they should have been suggested automatically when you typed in your title).

Did you search? We've discussed this alot.

Governed speed is 3500(iirc). Stock, 55mph was doing 2850rpm. Safe speed is too vague. I think about 1800rpm at 55MPH would be wonderful.

Zero_cool

I read the suggested pages and nobody really said what a max RPM is. yes i have been searching google for an hour and found many answers all condradicting eachother.
I ment to title it max rpm instead of safe rpm sorry its been a long day...
I dont know what you mean by Governed speed

Westech

CPL
aua

That is the RPM on witch the Injection pump is set at. IE: if you hold your foot to the floor the engine will not turn faster then 3500 RPM under load. Now you can over rev the engine by going down a hill and in the wrong gear.

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

I suppose it is a 6.2 l Diesel.
The max. power is at 3600 rpm (155 hp) (see air filter housing sticker).
Hight idle with no load is between 3800 and 4000 rpm, depending on the quality of the govener on the IP. On the manufactures label of the IP the high idle no load is mentioned, if you understand to read the plate. Usually 4000 rpm.
The fuel cut down is not very accurate, so the engine might crank under load 3700 rpm with no loss of power.
The adviceable rpm is between 1800 and 2700 rpm. 1800 for best fuel efficiancy, 2700 rpm is a smooth rpm where the engine seems to fell well with acceptable fuel consumption, due to 14 years with that engine in a Chevy.
In a M715 since 7 years with 3200 rpm at 55 mph the fuel consumption for European prices is just acceptable. However, the engine needs some hundred hours to get used to it.

Wolf

idM1028

Might want keep in mind that if your tranny isn't equipped with a lock-up torque convortor, your RPM's will be a bit higher due to slippage. Highest speed my 1028's seen is 61MPH for short sprints (around 2,900 RPM, again slippage) Normally I keep it around 57 give or take (2,700 or so)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks