• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-1028 vibration

Zero_cool

when my truck is idleing i have allways had a vibration inside my cab. this morning coming home from work, i was at a stop sign and the vibration got real bad. kinda sounded like i was driving on a rumble strip...i gave it a little gas and the vibration goes away,but when it just idles it vibrates again.Any ideas what is causing this?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Air filter housing , or throttle cable.

SmokeyDod

Check your fuel tank. While idling go to fuel tank hold it or push on it up or down with your foot. Mine has rattled before & I put a pc of cardboard between tank and sheild.

spicergear

It's a diesel. They make everything vibrate like **** at idle. We have a brand new 10,000# 55' JLG Telehandler (pettibone or lull people identify them as even though they're brand names...) and you have to drive with both feet backing up to rev the engine above idle and keep it still slow with the brake or the mirror vibrate so bad you can't use them. My 406 does the same thing...off idle nothing...idle viiiibbbbrrrraaaattttiiiooonnnssss....

Also check the window regulators. They can have a point where they'll be just a touch loose or without pressure and vibrate like heck.