• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-105 A2 Trailer

strozdas

Question: are s250's EMP Proof. I thought that may be why they designed them as an aluminum sandwich with foam inside. that would provide EMP insulation right? as well as thermal insulation.

RayK

With that nose wheel and it looks like it only has one air line its probably an A1. I think GL lists all of the 105's as A2's. Its still a good trailer, I've got two of them.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Nope a lot of them are the basic shelter NSN 5411-00-999-4935, The EMI shielded ones are out there and have this NSN 5411-00-489-6076 and should have a metallic screen over the door gaskets.

Question: are s250's EMP Proof. I thought that may be why they designed them as an aluminum sandwich with foam inside. that would provide EMP insulation right? as well as thermal insulation.

Last edited:

strozdas

I Will continue to post as the project comes along. I found a s250 in iowa with the heat/ac blower, that will be nice for plugins @ campsites. I also bought a military hunter multi fuel heater so if theres no electric I can still heat it. I have a 1950's OD Allstate ''sidekick"/tote goat trail moped that i will mount a carry plate for on the trailers gooseneck for quick trips to the outhouse & showers. A lot of sanding welding & hopefully not too much bondo ahead. Torn between spraying it all OD(my fav), or Coyote. I think Coyote would keep it from cooking on hot summer days. going to get a 10-12 foot flat bottom jon boat & make a special roof rack that hinges & lowers it down the side of my jeep grand cherokee. It should be a bad ass multi use set up. I'll keep Y'all posted.