• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1078 brush guard

chief76433

We are in the process of building a brush truck and was wondering if anyone has pics of a brush guard that someone has built for the M-1078. I have seen a lot of fire truck pics but none have a brush guard. Thanks.

Hermannator

Built and Planned Brush Guards

These are pictures from an LMTV that was for sale in Austin, TX.

COOL GRILL.jpgIMG_4450-copy.jpg

I started working on a drawing using rectangular tubing because I liked the symmetry of the 3x1 tubing for the vehicle.
! February 2016 MODIFICATION SKETCHES LMTV UNIT 10001.jpg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I saw a brush guard set mounted on the front shackle points so it could be un-pinned and swing down like a humvee brush guard. I like that idea.

Hermannator

I bolted two HET fixed tow bars to the front tow hooks on my LMTV with #9 grade bolts then welded them into place. I am going to hang the brushguard on the tow bar and make it removable so that when i am not in a situation where I need my giant brush guard I can swing it out of the way. I thought I had pics of the tow bars mounted but here is what I am using to displace the brush guard forward.

Tow Bar 2.jpgTow bar 3.jpgTow Bar.jpg

chief76433

Thanks for the info. I need this one to go as high as the wipers. I need it to cover the whole front end. It will have to have some expanded metal in it to protect the opening in the front. Tree limbs can cause a lot of damage to coolers and radiators. We have some ideas and when we get it finished I will post some pics.

Hermannator

Take a close look at this last drawing . I used rectangular tubing and then plan to cut apart some armored louvered panels that I have from an MRAP to build a louvered attachmentDrawings for brushguard and window.0003.jpg above the brush guard. I like the way the rectangular tubing looks along the windscreen and I even plan to put a piece straight down the center of the windscreen. There a couple of different ways to create the feet or base for connecting the tubing to the body around the front. My projects move along so slowly that you will be finished before I am. :drool:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice work. I know it's a brush guard thread but a few more photos of the bed and rearward modifications would be cool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks