• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 109 "Blowing Smoke"

mcalpin81

Just acquired a 1972 M109. The truck is blowing a ton of black smoke and I have been advised the problem would be in the injection pump. What is the proper way to lessen the amount of fuel be sent to the injectors so to stop the tons of smoke?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just acquired a 1972 M109. The truck is blowing a ton of black smoke and I have been advised the problem would be in the injection pump. What is the proper way to lessen the amount of fuel be sent to the injectors so to stop the tons of smoke?
Why is the black smoke bad., The truck is calling for power

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the air filter dirty?

Does the truck have a turbo?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much black smoke is the truck exhaustng? These trucks all normally blow black smoke. You need to post a short video.

Wolf.Dose

Black smoke is inpropper burnd diesel fuel and therefore a waste of energie and money.
Fuel injector pump instalation and propper timing tune up is described in TM 9-2815-210-34 - 2, chapter 5-32 to 5-36, page 5-169 to 5-193.
Wolf

mcalpin81

I can try to do that, picture is worth a thousand words. Just seems to be excessive, not what I've normally seen on other trucks. Hey thanks, gonna get to work on a video.

Katahdin

My 109 does not blow much smoke, its turbo'd and the air filter is clean. I haven't made any fuel modifications after getting it from GL.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAs the IP been tampered with?

There should be 2 lead/wire seals on the adjustment points.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks