• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1116A3 generator bed swap to M101A3 cargo bed???

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All,
I have a M116A3 chassis with a M101A3 cargo that was built as a M101A3 cargo trailer. (rusty chassis, mint bed)
I have a M116A3 chassis with a Generator "bed" (2 fenders, rails, and a few cross pieces) where the genny mounted that was built as a genny trailer. (chassisand "bed" is mint)

I want to put the mint bed on the mint chassis....

Are all the holes where the cargo bed supports the same/there? I know the triangular support pieces will need to be moved, the question is are the holes for them on the genny 116A3 chassis?

Thanks!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A quick look tells me the M116A3 chassis is slightly different from "as built" genny / cargo beds. Frame holes for mounting either bed is different.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so I got my genny "fenders" and rails off yesterday. Lots of 9/16ths bolts. The tail light brackets, the brake cable supports both have little extensions on them. Take the extensions off, and the bolt holes are there for the "normal" mounts.
Only missing one hole in the frame for the front of the bed. Need to get to the 4 "triangle" cargo supports (2 mid bed and 2 end of bed) to see if the existing holes will match up with those. Other than that, everything looks pretty good.

The genny fenders are heavy.......

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
follow up. The rear "triangle" cargo bed support dont match up to the genny bed, but they are easily drilled. The mid chassis ones match up same same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks