• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-113 between Austin and Waco TX

bazookajoe

hey guy's I am down here in texas for a visit and saw a m-113 on the side of the road on I-35 between austin and waco does anyone know it's status ,maybe for sale or not ? All help appreciated.

Barrman

It was at a paint ball place, wasn't it? I have never stopped to look at it closer, but have seen it. Sorry I can't help more.

Pawnshop

Painted 383 tan on the northbound access road across from the Bell County Expo Center (big dome thingie) in Belton? That thing has been kicked around the area for a while, used to draw attention to wherever it is parked, it was at a used car lot and now it is a trailer sales lot I believe. I don't know for a fact but I have heard that it is a rusted out hulk, and that it is either not for sale or IS for sale but at some completely ridiculous price. That is all I know (and I am not sure of any of it:))...

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I believe it is actually an M59 rather than an M113.
Its been up around there for about 15 years. It usually has a big old pipe stuck on the front of the little turret, looking like a cannon, but that was missing last time I passed it (going to Temple airshow in the M813).

Cheers

Barrman

OOPS, I was thinking of the one at the paint ball place on I-10 between Sequine and Flatonia. I got a mental picture and stuck to it.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim, is that M113 something they would part with? One of the guys on here is looking for an M113 hull for a gun-truck project.

Cheers

Barrman

I don't know Rory. I will have to stop the next time I go by. Or at least get a phone number from the paint ball sign.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That machine turned out to be the M84 mortar carrier version, and as of last November it has belonged to a buddy of mine. The attached picture shows it the day it arrived at his place, and minutes before that offending "cannon" was torched off. It had been reattached by the previous owner after it fell off, and was actually a light pole!

Cheers

Attachments