• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 123's going to the scrap yard

eldgenb

you get my cheese wizz boy? rofl

don't get me wrong, I am not whining I just do not like when someone mess's with my time and especially my money. They knew they had me by the nuts driving the 920 all the way out there but it wasn't until I was loading tools back up leaving with nothing that the negotiation began.

Westech

CPL
o CRAP! I just was looking at the pictures.... Now I feel silly. Man that sucks.... I have run in to that before too..... Some people just dont get it.... They think there junk is worth 10000000 bucks and thats were it will sit till they die. Really its a sickness, no joke, there is no fighting with them.

Sorry man.

Last edited:

eldgenb

o CRAP! I just was looking at the pictures.... Not I feel silly. Man that sucks.... I have run in to that before too..... Some people just dont get it.... They think there junk is worth 10000000 bucks and thats were it will sit till they die. Really its a sickness, no joke, there is no fighting with them.

Sorry man.
Yeah its not the first time for me either, I made sure this time I was diligent in having an agreement before the trip and that still did not stick. I did get enough to make it worth the trip but had I know it was going to be a fight I would have just stayed home. I got three tops and 5 window glass panels, sold two of the tops to a friend on the way home and paid for my fuel and money spent on the parts so it worked out pretty good. I had to drive 3/4 of the way to pick up my dump bed so I had to go that way anyways.

Bighurt

Man that sucks. Is $2,500 even worth going after one of the M123's just asking I've never messed
with the 10ton's?
Unfortunately they are worth more as scrap. I might have considered one crawling around it and taking a look. But most of that is not worth 2500 to a collector. You'll easily spend 10 times that trying to put her back together.

None the less I'd love a 10 ton.

I always love Dirt's posts...

Sorry about the trip Eldgen.

eldgenb

Unfortunately they are worth more as scrap. I might have considered one crawling around it and taking a look. But most of that is not worth 2500 to a collector. You'll easily spend 10 times that trying to put her back together.

None the less I'd love a 10 ton.

I always love Dirt's posts...

Sorry about the trip Eldgen.
yep, that is what I thought which is why I was able to make the deal just to clean out the trucks of lightweight stuff that would not amount to much at the crusher but like I said, he had $$ in his eyes while I was there.

The PIG Smith

All I can say is ****ed shame. Its too far for me to do anything to save any of them. Really need one somewhere EAST of the Missippi that needs a home. (preferrably in the Northeast) But as I've said before and Wreckerman stated again here, the fewer there are, the more they cost.....
:ditto:

I'd go with ya to recover it!
I would just hope there would be two M-123's to drag back the Ohio/NE IN area! rofl

As these Cummins V8 were an odd engine, even when new, what would a person use to repower a M-123 today?
It seems that WM knows of a few and these 5 in WA...all I am guessing have issues.
Maybe an average guy like me could find a derelict M-123 and repower it.
A modern engine combo would make these less historically accurate, but more user friendly for today owner.