• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-214?

Welder Sam

well, just before sundown, ive got power!! ac, lights, everything! i must say that im amazed! mmmmmmmm air conditioning!!! now, my friends, im ready to bug out![thumbzup]

no pics until the inside is done.

Welder Sam

Climate controlled man cave, excellent!
Extremely nice indeed. Guess we'll see how well it cools thru the daytime today. As soon as the baby goes down for a nap, i have to get the eyebolts out of the floor. Looks like the easiest way to do that will be to use an impact and just jam a round steel bar thru the eye. Then carpet! Seems like everything jumps in the way of the carpet. Oh well. Making sure theres nothing in the way will be worth it.

I took the angle iron off the walls. Left some nasty holes. Thinking a 1x4 chair rail in a complimenting color would be nice to cover that. May look at putting the bolt heads on the inside for less to hang up on. Surely in the next few days, worst case, the carpet will be down and bunk bed construction can start. Thinking of mounting a dual rifle holder under the electrical boxes. Need to find a place to hide ammo too.. cant do a rig like this and leave out the defensive measures..

By the way, its tough to keep up with Silverstates speed!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the members local to me bought an S280 shelter and it came with a full size gun safe bolted inside. Complete fire protection.

Welder Sam

Ok. Small update. Carpet is in and i think it looks pretty good. Not what i wanted exactly but im happy with it. Chair rail is a 1x3. The existing bolts are to short to penetrate them so i bored them out to 1 1/8" about half of the thickness. Then drilled thru with an 11/16. The counter sunk portion is a real snug fit for the flat washers! Now that its painted and drying, hope to get it in place tomorrow and get at least the lower bed frame. May give it a trial run this weekend.

Yall maybe gasping at one of the colors. I didnt pick them. I just didnt argue with my wife over them.

Last edited:

Welder Sam

Started on the bunk beds. Just dont see it working. At bare minimum, ill either have to give up ALOT of space or move the light switch. Just to much to fool with while its stupid hot and muggy, not to mention having a big gash in my forehead.

Think im about done with this.

Welder Sam

Big gash in my forehead is healed. Wrecker is up to snuff almost. Hope to get back to this project this coming week.

It is far enough along tho, that it was hooked to the wrecker, generator was also hooked to the nox, and it was ready for anything short of beibg blown over during "isaac's" visit.

Will be adding the batteries from the scrapped duece, rewired for 12v, to power the 2 interior lights for winter camping. Why run the gen for just lights when ya dont have to?

Welder Sam

I finally got around to getting the bunk full size beds built. My wife has volunteered to paint them tomorrow. Soon ill get the generator mounted and fab a rack for water and fuel cans, a deuce battery box with batteries wired parallel, and the 100lb lp bottle. Also got spare carrier #2 ready to weld on. Its coming together.

Danger Ranger

I somehow mangaged to miss this thread before...I was skeptical of the trailer tongue, but it came out great. Job well done. Post interior pics soon.

Welder Sam

Thanks!

Interior is still full of supplies from our trip to the petit jean rally so theyll have to wait. Bunk beds blocked the flow of air at the ac. Added a box fan and BAM! It was nice and cool in no time. The generator is an el cheapo 3500/4000w from tractor supply. Its not terribly loud, starts on the first pull, and used less than 5 gallons during the weekend.

Welder Sam

well folks. ive been going non stop it seems. havent accomplished anything on this project. however, its hooked up to my deuce, mule is loaded, and everything is ready to go for opening weekend of modern gun deer season. im going to the "farm". 160 acres of untouched... trees.. no roads, running water, electric, or people to gripe about the generator. i hope to get some pics while im there. this being "my property", i guess i should start setting up a good spot huh?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks