• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-214?

Welder Sam

M-214T Build?

After a while of deconstruction, ive come up with this. Soon it will follow on to its true calling as a "shelter carrier" when i slide the M-109 late style box on. I plan to have room on the front for an LP bottle, Generator, Fuel, and a potable water bladder. On the rear im laying out a fold up 5'x8' catwalk "patio with provisions for the original ladder.

In picture #1, the center truck is the one i scrapped for the frame.

Note my wife running the wrecker for me. she did great! nice and smooth!!

A BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO neilhendrix AS IT WAS HIS PHOTO THAT SPURRED THIS PROJECT

Note to mods: *edit* this isnt the correct forum, please feel free to place it correctly. thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Wow, pretty chincy for a 105 if you ask me! I agree, I'd look for something that could help level it if off-road camping(like the Ga rally!).

Welder Sam

No thanks. Im as far east as im going. However, i do have 160acres thats hilly, wooded and secluded that i intend to spend a good portion of modern gun season at!

Welder Sam

i will be looking for a few extra hands when it comes time to swap the box. ANY VOLUNTEERS??

I have to get the lines all stripped from the frame and the axle housings clear of the axle shafts and gearboxes first tho.

Welder Sam

got the frame painted where the box will sit yesterday. nice flat black. the plan now is, tomorrow, get the 109 emptied, loose, rigged, truck and trailer hooked up, and in place. if theres time, ill do the lift saturday evening late. if not, then sunday will have to work.

y'all wish me luck. :cookoo:

:grd:

a couple pics..

the 109 and trailer are hooked up but its obviously really dark. was 2130 before i got to hook it up. neighbor had me lookin at his "new" tractor.

Attachments

Last edited:

Welder Sam

so its going to get lifted and set tonight. my help will be back shortly. we're going to move it away from the wrecker a bit for more flexibility and to ease the loading on the rigging. im wound up tight. ready to do this. waiting is sooooo hard. :jumpin::jumpin:

wife is on her to get the celebratory post-lift drink! mmmmmmm beer!!!

Wish us all luck please!!

Attachments

Welder Sam

Thanks! Ill look at it once i get to my computer.

ITS SET!!! ITS SET!!! ILL GET PICS UP TOMORROW. Drinking a few celebratory beers at the moment. Plan A, 10' armor recovery cables from the hook to each corner didnt work. Not enough reach with an 816. I figured that originally. So i picked up some 5400 wll chain. Plan B worked like a top. 2 armor recovery cables(10' each) connected by a big clevis, ran thru the corner clevis' then tied the cable ends at both end of the box with the chain. Easy on the controls and 3 men on the ground. Must admit it was really strange watching the truck pull forwad and the trailer rolling under but the box sitting still. :doghead:

Welder Sam

Thanks! Ill look at it once i get to my computer.

ITS SET!!! ITS SET!!! ILL GET PICS UP TOMORROW. Drinking a few celebratory beers at the moment. Plan A, 10' armor recovery cables from the hook to each corner didnt work. Not enough reach with an 816. I figured that originally. So i picked up some 5400 wll chain. Plan B worked like a top. 2 armor recovery cables(10' each) connected by a big clevis, ran thru the corner clevis' then tied the cable ends at both end of the box with the chain. Easy on the controls and 3 men on the ground. Must admit it was really strange watching the truck pull forwad and the trailer rolling under but the box sitting still. :doghead:

No alcoholic beverage was consumed before the lift. SAFETY FIRST

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks