• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-332 HELP!

dm22630

I just bought a M-332 trailer and the tires are severly cracked & dryrotted. They look expensive.....and I am wondering where to buy replacements OR what other tire sizes might fit onto the rims?

Also, I want to repaint the trailer to match my John Deere tractor.....and I think it should be sandblasted first. Is this correct? If so, can I do this myself? What media should I use to sandblast it? After sandblasting.....do I prime it immediately?

Pics are below.

Thanks!

Daniel

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome to the site and that is a good trailer. I still have to weld fenders on mine to pass the inspection in Maryland. The tires are often cracked and the good thing about NDT's is that if you do not load them heavily and keep the air pressure at about 50 even the old ones will usually get you home. 9.00 20 tires will be available at Aberdeen almost for sure and if you can't find them there Murrays in Delaware sell them. You could also buy bus tires as many older busses ran the same size but in commercial tread. What part of Virginia are you in?

I sandblast quite a bit and use a harbor frieght blaster and their media

dm22630

I am in Front Royal (about an hour from DC).

I found some tires on ebay @

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180231181552&rd=1

Is that what I need? Is that a good price?

I want to use this trailer to gather firewood and do landscaping around my property (fill it with dirt and rocks, etc.). I will have it loaded down often, and want tires that will hold the weight. I may use it on-road, but not often.

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is less than $50 bucks a tire if they are in good shape it is a good deal if you don't mind making a trip in your pickup to Fayetteville right out side of Fort Bragg.

The tires look to be in good shape but that may be armorall on them. Madawg308 is not far from you.

HeadWizard

Front Royal.... you're right out there by Maddawg308

There's nothing special about these trailers. Tires are tires, find any 20" that will fit. If you plan on using it for firewood and not to match a specific MV paint scheme, why worry about paint?

You should probably worry about how to register it and how to make it legal in VA. As another SS member said, FENDERS (I'm a VA state safety inspector). Lights might be an issue.

Have fun!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
You are also close to Tacticaltruck good area to be a Steel Soldier. I have found the LED trailer lights to work really well I put them on my M101 conversion and the Tool trailer.

Is that trailer down near Norfolk?

dm22630

HeadWizard said:
Front Royal.... you're right out there by Maddawg308

There's nothing special about these trailers. Tires are tires, find any 20" that will fit. If you plan on using it for firewood and not to match a specific MV paint scheme, why worry about paint?

You should probably worry about how to register it and how to make it legal in VA. As another SS member said, FENDERS (I'm a VA state safety inspector). Lights might be an issue.

Have fun!

I get bored and drive my tractor around town.....the cops think its funny and everybody waves.....so I think a matching trailer would look good :) haha

GovLiquidation wants like 70 bucks to get me a title I think.....I only paid 220 for the trailer.....so a $3 farm use tag looks GREAT to me! hahaha Why register?? If it gets stolen they wont find it anyway!

Damn rednecks...... ;)

Daniel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks