• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-34 Project Kicks off

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats like a high tech version of what I've been doing over the years. We did a similar thing putting a contact maintenance body back on truck but instead of using the engine crane, we used a bumper jack. Same thing when I lifted the M146 semi trailer body using a bunch of blocks and 2 bottle jacks. Whew, glad I have the wrecker now.
"Necessity is the Mother of invention"

Adamlee

m34 bed install

looks great!

did you slip in a pair of the wood "firring strips" between the frame and the bed?

or did they not use them then?

acrane

Adam -I did put in sill plates, but someone on here gave me the wrong dimensions, and I had to rip them down. They are still a bit too big, but I'll fix that later.

Joel - Yes we used the hoist to get the bed up on the blocks. A little at a time.

I'll post some more detail pics of the truck this weekend if anyone is interested, or if your going to the COMVEC show you can check it out in person.

Alan

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks