• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-37 clutch problem

MolderBrown

The clutch pedal on my 52 m37 dose not engage . Goes right to the deck with absolutely no resistance . Ideas ? With the temp reading 4 degrees , 8-10 inches of snow and a wind chill @15 below , I sure as **** ain't gonna be prowling around the old darlin' .:neutral:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHen that happened to me, it was the complete failure of the clutch pads. All I had was a mound of clutch stuff in the bottom of the bell housing, and two metal plates trying to rub.

ducer

If you have been driving it in the snow it might be frozen. Unthaw it one of 2 ways start it and let it just idle in neutral forever or go buy a weed burner torch and 20# propane bottle light it and put it under the front of the truck away from oil and fuel leaks of course! :shock:
But if it makes any noise you will have to take it apart.

Denny

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WHen that happened to me, it was the complete failure of the clutch pads. All I had was a mound of clutch stuff in the bottom of the bell housing, and two metal plates trying to rub.
Since he has made no attempt to look at it , it could be something as simple as a pin out of the linkage . So it is just a big guessing game until he provides basic information on what he has checked. Since it is too cold to look at it , it would be a good time to read the TM's and search some clutch threads . TM's for the M37

Last edited:

zout

If you have a garage and a kerosene heater - chuck it in the garage & get it warm - then like PP said - go through the TM on the clutch - the bolt for even the adjuster might have just fallen out ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks