• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-37 fuel pump rebuild

kdaniels

That is one of the greatest fears for me with these trucks and why I keep a check on the oil level closely. As far as rebuilding a fuel pump goes I have sent several to John @ Mid-West Military to be repaired so the internals will take the new gas. I'm sure there are others on this site that can do the same, but I've bought from John over the years and he's always stood behind his work. You would have to really thinned out that oil bad to kill the bearings unlike antifreeze which is almost an instant death sentence.

Rebuild your pump, change your oil and filter and keep a check on the oil pressure and any new engine noise. You'll notice it soon enough if it's BAD.
John Bizal /Midwest Military..952-440-8778...he knows tons more than I do and you can trust his word.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

GUNNY 155

If you want to do it your self check out Then and Now Automotive. I believe they are in CA. I got a couple of kits for mine and for my spare. They specialize in parts that will stand up to today's fuels and oils. Mine has been in service now for about 3 years.

dads6x6

Midwest military has kits as well
the pump itself isn’t really that complicated, it’s just the old rubber goes bad. My new when from Midwest has better rubber that is 50 yrs newer as well.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
How was the inside of the fuel pump on disassembly? Looks really great all clean, rebuilt and ready for install. The baked on dirt, oil, grease, gasoline is like a type of finish all its own. With old carburetor, fuel pump nos kits I use a little talc or baby powder on gaskets meeting surface to keep from sticking gaskets, for easier rebuild or inspection. Chapstick works good also. Out of habit I also check before disassembly the screws, bolts, fittings for being tight, no stripped threads. And I will focus on repair before rebuild.

The newer rebuild kits sometimes use gaskets adapted to todays fuels to last longer. I also use a lead additive in my fuel on my older pre 75 equipment to help with lubricating moving friction parts, like valves for increased wear protection.
A little information too late.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks