• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-37 Metal prep and primer/paint options

shawn085

I'm looking to see what the latest and greatest is for restoring the metal on the M-37. I've been told about his stuff call Picklex for preping the bare metal for rust prevention. Any body use it? Thoughts? But what primer and paint would you recomend. I was planning on usiing all 2 part paint and doing it in the dark green or three colour Canadian camo. But what brands? Endura? What process? I was planning on getting parts sandblasted as required and if there is no rust at all on a part sand it, prime and paint. Some of the paint on this truck has been there for over 50 years and no rust at all. I don't think it would be good to try and take it all down to bare metal. It must be good paint. I live on the Wet Coast and go through the bush. I'm looking for the best tough paint that will prevent rust. Also what's the body filler of choise these days, metal bondo?

CGarbee

I'm going to "cheat" and not retype everthing that I could say here...
I have a page on my website that discusses paint/metal work on my M37...
See:
Paint

thehaas

no paint works over rust as far as bare metal ether dupont self edging primer then high build urethane primer on top if no body work epoxy over bare metal does not fill at all like other high build most important pre cleaner metal before priming

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks