• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-37 vs M-37B1

vtdeucedriver

On another note about my M62..............The truck is a 53 diamond T, it was depot rebuild in 1998 as the suspension had been completely redone, airpack and master, and the engine looks pretty dam new!!!! It was finally surplused in 99 when someone put diesel in the tank instead of MOGAS. Who knows what there thinking.

Nickathome

My 62 B1 has packard and Douglas connectors. It has the spacers under the driver's side springs and since it has no spare tire carrier anymore, the truck rides a little high on the left side. I though I had a bent frame there for a while until somebody told me to check for the spacers. Sure enough there they were.

ugagastro

speaking of GA MVPA and wiring.....I am not sure if I have a 37 or later model but have the deactivated door mount and no bed compnents were in the bed when I purchased however.......1952 model and have a new wiring harness from one of the parts houses and wondered who I might find in S. Georgia that could rewire or should I try that job myself....Johnson connectors I believe? thanks

Rich Johnson

I have a 65 B1. Its got douglas connectors. Also a big give a way is the passenger side of the bed. The bracket that the fording exhaust pipe bolts to is long on the early, and just a short stub on the late b1 series. Mine however has an early bed side as of two years ago thanks to a Pontiace Vide that did a nose dive into my rear on the freeway.

One thing I have wondered about is the J hooks that supposedly hold the top bows down. My truck does not have them and from what I can tell there is no provision for them.

I also installed a 60amp alternator with that kit into my M37. I have a HMMWV 150 amp one sitting in my garage that will get retrofitted very soon.

On the Diesel in a Mogas tank, well, I had an argument with a fellow SPC back when I worked in the S-6 that HMMWVs ran on Diesel, not gasoline. He was acctually going to fuel up our HMMWV with gasoline. I had to get a SGT to stop him. Some of the people they let in the Guard......

dcbrown

M37 b1

That's right vydeucedriver. Mine is a 1953, all original, and the additional bolts, characteristic of the door mount, are present. But the spare is on the bed.