• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-38 Distributor ID assistance

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow in all my years of collecting this stuff I have never seen one of those. It looks like a Delco-Remy version of the Autolite waterproof distributor, it is very similar to the 6 cylinder version found in the gas deuce and 5 ton.

Dumpster

Yes, However, unlike on my Jimmy and 5 ton gas that have the delco. This distributor's ignition coil pocket is part of the casting. It does have what appears to be a perhapse a resisitor like the 6 cyl. Delco's. The distributor cap cover is unique. The 6 cyl cover will not work nor will the standard Jeep Cap and cover. The cam in this distributor has 4 lobes and the housing appears to be made the uniquely fit the L134 engine. ??????

Dumpster

Distributor

I had that same thought. I sent an E-mail to Richard Grace who wrote a detailed article on CJV35 on G503. He sent back that it was not the Bendix distributor that the CJV used. An internal exam revealed that the breaker point plate had a partial name in view ____O-LITE. see Photo.
Also the noise supresor had the name "AEROLITE" and AEROVOX
The mystery continues.

Attachments

Carter

Just saw this post, sorry for the late response but I believe the dist. is from a PE95 "I" series generator which was powered by a 134 Jeep engine. I know the picture quality is poor but it does seem to show the same kind of unit.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks