• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-416 tires, do i need tubes?

gmjunky87

okay i have a 66 stevens m-416 trailer and the tires need replaced. the originals need tubes but if i go with a modern tire do i still need tubes, will the bead seal?

also whats the largest p metric tire i can run on the trailer. i have p245/75R16 goodyear MTR's on my rubicon that might fit? i have a tire machine so i can do some swappin i guess.

Attachments

gmjunky87

well i found some info on another forum these are the tire sizes that some guys use:

P215/85r16
p225/75r16
p235/85r16

one guy on the forum said he didn't need a tube but had to put some tire slim around the rims because they kept seeping air.

also someone said you could use a cj-5 rim. 5x5.5

figure this might help

a 5 x 5.5 is a very common style civilian rim which means you can use alot of diffrent aftermarket rims.

as far as tubes if its a one piece wheel there should not be any need for a tube