• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-51 SUGGESTIONS

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a friend of mine has a M-51 dump truck that the back axle saddles turned loose and let go of the axle of coarse it took the drive line with it so my question is do or can you still find suspension parts to put it back together or just bob the thing and pull the dump off of it ? The dump bed has never worked in the 20 yrs hes had it and he was thinking about maybe one of the 105 trailer beds to replace the dump if bob'd what yalls thought29424BBC-127B-428A-9EE4-B8A1F221B5BD.png39877461-3B42-4D87-AE33-C5FAE8205E9D.jpeg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure you can find every single driveline part new or used with great ease. If your buddy has grown tired of this truck, I would recommend to him that he sell it and buy something else other than a dump with the proceeds.
LOL he isnt one to sell his green stuff theres got to be atleast 50 trucks of all types military and another 50 civilian I should just try to motivate him to fix it instead of bobing it for prosperity sake !

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL he isnt one to sell his green stuff theres got to be atleast 50 trucks of all types military and another 50 civilian I should just try to motivate him to fix it instead of bobing it for prosperity sake !
Oh a hoarder like me. That makes sense. Yeah bob trucks should be made from trucks that have lost their cargo beds along the way. Or better yet, not at all.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh a hoarder like me. That makes sense. Yeah bob trucks should be made from trucks that have lost their cargo beds along the way. Or better yet, not at all.
You hit the nail on the head ! Ive driven this dump a number of times and the sound of that exhaust and turbo whistling are addictive !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How could i tell by looking at the engine ive never open the hood on the thing his 16 yr old kid has terrorized the 400 acres for for years to the point of doing doughnuts in it /jumping it /burying it but getting it out/ running all the fish out of the ponds on the place and giving all the neighbors that back up to the property a all night light show with the cucvs till the point he rides it to the ground then go get one of the other 40 cucvs ! I think the neighbors had a party when he got his license and now terrorizes the whole county and not them lol !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
simple.. mack has its turbo above the manifold, multifuel has its turbo below manifold , among other easy things to spot, but a multifuel turbo can be seen without opening the hood, under RH fender
[/QUOTE OK good info i will look next time im over there and report back

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks