• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m-51 winch work on m814?

hardtime

Are the winches and pto's that came on the m51 the same as the ones that came on the later m800 series? I have a m814 and was wondering if the winch set up off the m51 would work and if they are good winches. Thanks

Sephirothq

ok the frame brackets and the winches are the same. the PTO should fit and work the same. Your drive shaft is different. the M814 would need a longer drive shaft then the M51 has because of the motor length difference. but the other parts should be the same. If you are getting it cheap I would say go for it, but otherwise you will have to chase parts. More often it is easier to find someone wanting to sell an entire kit versus parts. Usual winch complete kits are 1500-1000 in price. If you are gettting the M51 you should pay less then 1000 because you still need to chase parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks