• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 51A2 finally home pics

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks pretty clean and straight. Very nice.

jkelly66

Nice looking truck gotta love them 5 tonners. Sorry I cant think of anything on your batteries other than something might be on or running all the time. Anyway be great to see the progress as you get her back in shape

houdel

Nice looking truck. Gotta repaint that hood though! How did you end up with a stake body, a M51A2 should be a dumper. Did somebody mongrelize it for you along the way?

Hey, Rich, nice find.
About your battery drain: first guess is light switch is on, or your battery switch isn't working well. If you get big sparks when you reconnect the batteries after pulling the cables off, then something is stuck on. Does the M51 have 2 switches-one for the battery and another for start?

Your manuals should be there in a couple days. It'll be easier to figure out the battery drain then.

pa.rich

I havent had the time to mess with it or even look it over much. About the rack body, it is a steel plated on , not bad, but it was a dump, and the bed was in bad shape so he removed it. I found out it was over at"Kublo's" in Brackney, Pa. I bought it from them. So I am going to remove the stakebody, put on the dump bed and subframe, pump, pto, and even the spare tire rack with toolbox. I was hoping to find a deal on a dump bed that wasnt rusted out, but so far to no avail. Even offered trade of M211 for a good bed.So, I am still cutting away at the rusty dumper in my garage and hope to rebuild that this year and reinstall. I havent much time, but I have more time than money . The budjet is used up so I am trying to work with what I have. Unless someone takes me up on my truck trade offer!

houdel

Good luck on the bed swap, I well understand the budget problem! That always seems to pop up when renovating "green iron"!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should check with Bruce Kubu (bkubu on here). I think he had a pretty nice used bed for sale from a dump that he put an NOS bed on. Don't quote me, but I think he was only looking to get about $1500 for the complete bed (the bed, cab-shield, tailgate, subframe, lift-cylinders, etc). I can remember a few dump beds a couple of years back that were pretty beat with no cylinders or anything going for around $800, so $1500 for the entire setup sounded pretty reasonable. If I had a tractor, I just might have a dump now. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks