• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 60 Patton tank repaint

Bionicouple

We have a Boy Scout Eagle project to repaint an M 60 Patton Tank for our local Legion hall. Obviously we need some help with information, were do we find the I.D. Info and about how many gallons of paint will we need ? Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I hope to include a picture in the next post with more information about year of Tank. It was received from Camp Smith in New York approxmately in the late 1970s.
Thanks

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the forum. What a great project. Start with a good pressure washing, then turn the scouts loose with putty knives to remove paint flakes. Then wash again and spray the tank stem to stern with Behr house paint (perfect application for this). Paint shade is probably a decision by the post commander. Most likely Viet Nam-1970's shade of FS24078.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks