• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-60A1 main battle tank from "project" to running and registered

WOT

This is what one calls "Mission creep". Get a tank. Then a HET to transport it. Then a M813 drop side to mount your two 600 Gal pods and pump unit. Got to have a TPU, or every gas station in a 100 mile radius would sooner or later ban you. Then you need a M88A1 to tow it if need be. Then a motor park for the tank and your "Fleet". You may need to sell a lot of apples to afford this.

I volunteer to haul tank team support supplies. On my way to Guam now to "liberate" this M1148 LHS for 20 ft. ISO Container, Flatracks, etc.. Started a YouTube channel about it and other Veterans Helping Veterans projects and episodes:

rustystud

This really brings back memories for me. I was trained at Fort Knox for the "M60A1 Raise Passive" tank.
Now I here the Marines no longer even have tanks !
Wished I could afford one, but then again I'm old and the jarring I would take from driving it would probably do me in ! I don't think I could even get inside anymore ! Let alone get back out !!!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome looking restoration.

My Brother was an M60 driver stationed at Ft Knox and he took me and my other Brother out to range when a group was in for night fire training. It was pretty memorable to watch a row of them firing and seeing them hit the targets.

On the way back out we went by a fenced in area that had a bunch of the "new" M1 Abrams.

kcimb

I volunteer to haul tank team support supplies. On my way to Guam now to "liberate" this M1148 LHS for 20 ft. ISO Container, Flatracks, etc.. Started a YouTube channel about it and other Veterans Helping Veterans projects and episodes:
What? How on earth have I not discovered your channel before?

Subbed.

And if youre ever out in Texas, come on by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks