• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-66 Cradle???

Darwin T

Does anyone out there know which 50 cal or M-60 mount or cradle (ie M-142) goes with the m-66 ring mount? if you do can you tell me? i would really hate to paid a lot of money to get the wrong one!!! 2cents

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM Powerhousedeuce, he's got a few 50 cal cradles that wont break the bank. I dont know exactly what model they are but still its a lead.

TiredIron

The M66 Ring which has gone unchanged for nearly 65 years has standard "large" pintel socket. It also came with an adapter to change it to the standard "small" pintel size socket. The cradle you select will be matched to the weapon....not the M66 ring. The M1917-1917A1-1919A4 series weapons will us the M1917A1 cradle. The .50 M2HB will usually use the M23 Equilibrator cradle. The M60-60E3-60E4 will use the M142 or M24 with various different configurations. The M240/Mag58 weapons use the MK97. The Barrett uses the MK82B Vehicle mount.
There are a lot of configurations and I would suggest you talk to others using the weapons you intend to mount and find out what they prefer. I use a "Chicken Shield" equilibrium mount off of a M113 APC up on the M66 Ring. This give me shielding behind the weapon since I don't like getting "under" it anymore. 8)

Here is a site with Pics and is a good reference.......

http://www.cranetechnologiesinc.com/TripodsMounts.html

Good Luck
TiredIron

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks