• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-715 Front Bumper

VenomInjected

Thoughts?

Will be putting studs to swing the chain steps around to the backside of the bumper for storage while in high-speed travel.

FRONT BUMPER.jpg

Barrman

I have one of those swivel steps on my Whistler M35A2. I really, really wanted it. Once it got it, I don't use it and if I do, I feel like I am going to fall. I did find it works great to set a water cooler on when in the up position. That is what I use it for now.

When I did the 396 big block to 6.2 diesel swap in my M715. I had the tow bar adaptors in the bumper. Those things make a great step/work platform base. If I had to do it another time. I would make some kind of platform at least a foot deep and as wide as I could.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally I do not like flexible steps. I never feel secure and inevitably I hit my shin on the bumper. The closest to a flexible step I like is on some Cat equipment where they use two heavy cables for the down legs. It is stiff enough it does not swing around so much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks