• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-812 Bridge Truck

spitfire_pilot

WOW! I was walking around a local truck junck yard and came across two M-812 bridge trucks. These things are massive. I measured the bed width at over 11 feet. The truck has 14.00 20s on it with room to spare. I started one and it drove nice(power steering) stopped fair and both winches and the crane worked flawlessly. Very good looking trucks with fair paint and a little surface rust. The only thing I thought is the engine had a louder than normal knock to it. No smoke though and plenty of power. I can get the pair of these for a song, but what can you do with them? They're over width and would need to be permitted just to move them. I've been in 5 ton tractors, but these things are just plain massive.

Any input or ideas?
Both for around 4K total

spitfire_pilot

Why is this thread worthless without pics? I'm not asking for a score on a photo contest, and I don't carry a camera on the off chance that I may stumble across a military vehicle in a junk yard when I'm looking for a part for on of my tri-axle dumps. What I was asking for was some thoughts on this type of truck.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You have to understand, this site is piture crazy. We are like junkys waiting for the next fix. Sounds like awesome trucks, but I agree, the are SO BIG its hard to do anything with them.

gunboy1656

You cant get alot of real input as to whether its a good buy, if we cant see some pics.

Not to mention, if have have not noticed almost every thread has pics. A good peice of advice always carry a camera...you never know what you will find.

Yes they are rather wide. I think they could make legal width, if you singled them out and trimmed the running boards. Did they have anything on the back? They are interesting trucks, they should come set-up with a fording control.

frodobaggins

Why is this thread worthless without pics? I'm not asking for a score on a photo contest, and I don't carry a camera on the off chance that I may stumble across a military vehicle in a junk yard when I'm looking for a part for on of my tri-axle dumps. What I was asking for was some thoughts on this type of truck.
He meant no offense. We just like pictures.

Reactions: DUG

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Easy bro - don't take life too seriously. :grin:

dk8019

That seems like a steal, I would love to see them myself, I'm guessing titling would be an issue, but if it had that cool crane setup like the one shown, I'm sure I could find a use for it.

DMgunn

What can you do with them?? Well, for starters you can just sit and stare at the beautiful magnificent things....

....too bad no one else here can. Did someone mention pics?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Also, bridge trucks are kind of rare. Anytime we get to see them, it a bonus! I knew they had that loading arm setup, never thought of it as a crane. Sorry, sometimes I get caught thinking like a sheeple. :oops: