• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-812 Engine and wheel size questions

seano11

Ones air shift so it's like your pickup when it's in 6x6 it's in where the 800 series is like a Polaris quad the back wheels have to slip first and then the front kicks in and starts digging the system is stupid you can't roll backwards when in forwards and can't roll forwards in reverse or the t case goes boom and then ya have the stupid air system 900 series has the t1138

M813A1

The BIG thing to remember, is the M939 series truck has a bad problem of cracking the transfer when you put the truck in reverse when in 6 wheel drive !! That is why they put the warning labels on the dashboard !!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The 6x6 system on the 800s is useless your stuck before the front tires kick in your best bet is to get a 900 series
NOT WORTHLESS, just needs to be maintained, 8 deg. of slip is not much, as the the rears START to slip, the front engages. The 809s and the 39s with the sprag have been around for a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time, very few have problems, then if there is one, it most likly the shift cylinder, then after that the poppet valves, this is just from use and old age, of course if you don't change the OLD oil and flush to keep things from gumming up it is not the transfer cases fault.

READING THE TMs regaurding MAINTANCE and PROPER use goes a LONNNNNNNNG way in keeping things working right.

It seem the those that DO NOT WANT or HAVE TIME to READ the TMs seems to BLAME the EQUIPMENT for the the PROBLEMS CAUSED by NOT reading the TMs.

I have talked A LOT of members through sprag thansfer case issues over the phone, PLUS there a FEW GREAT threads on the MAINTANCE of these Xcases, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS STYLE OF TRANSFER CASE, Over-running clutches (which the sprag is) have been aroung since the beginning of MECHANICAL time.

Last edited:

lakeydna

Agreeded MAINTENANCE is the key to a long and happy life. As a technician I can attest to that. The old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" should be "if it ain't broke, SERVICE it"

seano11

Well I've serviced mine and changed every part except the sprags. If I was gonna use a truck for strict off road work it would be locked in to 6 wheel drive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks