• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 817 value

cubdriver55

I have an m817 dump truck that I am looking to sell and I was just wondering if anyone had a idea of value? I looked a long time to find this truck when I got it. It is one of the few that went thru the rebuild process and was completely redone 2000 miles ago. They added a different trans so it can have a PTo for the dump and one for the 20,000 lb winch. It runs great and everything works but it does have a dented front fender. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

fasttruck

A M817 with winch has a unique double ended PTO which can power the winch or the body or both at the same time. You see dump trucks offered for sale complete except for the PTO. The seller probably got as much for the PTO as the rest of the truck. Post pics. Value can change depending on what kind of tires are on the truck, the condition of the dump body and so on. Did you haul boulders in it or mulch ? Cab heater ? Metal cab enclosure ? A reasonable solid citizen ought to be worth at least $10k. Check Eastern Surpluses site for prices.

M 816s also have 2 PTO functions but the front winch is powered by the transfer case and a separate PTO on the transfer case runs the crane and rear winch.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M 816s also have 2 PTO functions but the front winch is powered by the transfer case......
Not exactly.... prob meant to say the rear winch?

AFAIK, the front winch on all M809-series trucks is (mechanically) powered by a PTO, out of the transmission. Single output, in case of the M816 as well as all other variants, except M817 and M820A2. These two models have the dual output version, which is the same basic PTO, but has a rear-facing accessory drive attached to it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's all about location location location. And the person who has the money. It could go from 8k to 20k at auction if you put it on govplanet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks