• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-818 Update

RGummere

Hello; My Dad just emailed me and said he'd heard from the shop.Looks like we have an inop right side fuel sending unit and there was some moisture in the gear box oil but no corrosion or other damage.There are a couple of other minor issues (weatherstripping and some paint touch-up) but other than that we're close to getting the beast on the road.Thanks to everyone who replied with plate info.Hope to see you on the road!!
-Richard

Victor

:funny:

Sound like KGB agent trying to communicate with center. I know all words but sorry have no idea what is it about. I guess my English is bad.
Richard,
... he'd heard from the shop.
What did he heard?

...we have an inop right side fuel sending unit a...
What is inop?

... was some moisture in the gear box oil ...
??? what gear box oil?

...no corrosion or other damage....
this is good news. I am very happy. Just what box you are talking about?

... we're close to getting the beast on the road...
what beast? can you be a little bit more specific, please.

...Thanks to everyone who replied with plate info....
Are you asking my vehicle plate info? It is 117-0456 state of NH.
or you are asking my diner plate? It is stake with potato.

...Hope to see you on the road!!
-Richard
is you drive as you write - hope not to.

Last edited:

bryan70546

:funny:

Sound like KGB agent trying to communicate with center. I know all words but sorry have no idea what is it about. I guess my English is bad.
Richard,

What did he heard?

What is inop?

??? what gear box oil?

this is good news. I am very happy. Just what box you are talking about?

what beast? can you be a little bit more specific, please.

Are you asking my vehicle plate info? It is 117-0456 state of NH.
or you are asking my diner plate? It is stake with potato.

is you drive as you write - hope not to.
And i guess you are perfect huh. No Need to be a smarta....

Victor

Brian,
I am not perfect, but at list trying to improve my 7th language (English). Work in progress. I think person who born in English speaking contry can do better job to expressing him self. At list put few words in one sentence and make seance. And read before posting out of respect to others. 10 year old can better job. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to discourage from writing. Just encouraging to write with more explanations. I am sure Richard have alot of interesting details to tell.
And if offend any one - my apologies.