• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-923 start's uphill longer

Micmada

When the truck is parked on a slight uphill incline, it seems to take a bit longer to start and it will do a small rev up and down and back to normal. Parked on a horizontal lot, it starts just fine. I suspect maybe I need to change the fuel filter at least? Maybe something else is up?

Micmada

You have an air leak in the fuel line some place, or the o-rings in the primer pump are bad, or a leak around around the fuel filter.
Ok, so I do have a leak by the Pt pump “back plate” next to the intake. It seems to be a seal or a pressure damper needing replacement perhaps. In the first few seconds of this video they show the pressure damper and I believe it is the plate holding the pressure side of my pump which is leaking. It would explain the eratic start because the damper is there to prevent pressure spikes and lows, which is what my truck goes through when it starts, racing first and then choking and then idling ok.

Micmada

Turns out there supposed to be a gasket between the Damper assembky and the the PT pump that was not there. I had ordered one but got ahead by making a gasket myself with black oil resistant RTb. The truck starts like a champ at the first turnover of the starter.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out there supposed to be a gasket between the Damper assembky and the the PT pump that was not there. I had ordered one but got ahead by making a gasket myself with black oil resistant RTb. The truck starts like a champ at the first turnover of the starter.

Glad you found the problem and thanks for circling back with the fix

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks