• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 925 Drivers Seat Replacement

SneakerZed

I am looking for a different Drivers Seat for my M925. I am a big guy and I would like a little more room between myself and the steering wheel. So a lower seat and "skinnier" one is what I am looking for. Any suggestions? Thank you

dmetalmiki

There are posts suggesting raising the whole steering wheel and column, I'm sure I placed one a while back. I re-drill and lift the column then re-bolt up. All my deuces and 5 tons have the wheels raised, just for comfort, I am slim enough to fit anyway but like that seating position created. seat all the way back and rear beam modified as well.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
May want to look at MRAP seats. Might want to do a search.....

There is a thread along the lines of MRAP seats in 5 ton and I think emmado22 is the author.

VPED did a post on how he mounted some in a deuce that worked out real well. He did a post also but don't think it was an entire thread.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May want to look at MRAP seats. Might want to do a search.....

There is a thread along the lines of MRAP seats in 5 ton and I think emmado22 is the author.

VPED did a post on how he mounted some in a deuce that worked out real well. He did a post also but don't think it was an entire thread.
This.

I have one of these seats in my most recent 5ton, and it makes a huge difference in comfort. The seat was put in by the PO, but now that I've experienced it, I'll be doing it to future vehicles.

I'm 6'2 240lbs.

Artisan

I took delivery on two of THESE BABIES from GL just yesterday.
They are sealed in factory boxes.

Should be plenty of room drivers side, passenger side, we will have to
move batteries but I want to do that anyways to address the worn
insulation on the battery cables that most 5 tons suffer from.

But I would sell them, and no, not for cost plus shipping... HA!

Moving batteries is in my future unless someone ponies up and buys them.
No need ot ask for a price, make an offer if you want them.

They are in Los Angeles County, they are still on pallets.

:)

swirvin21

I recently picked up a few BAE MRAP seat kits and have seen a few with the driver/commander seats installed in front, looks a touch tight, but don't think any of them had lifted the column either. They are very comfortable, but you lose alot of the benefits, like reclining, due to the smaller space. Those who have installed them have told me they were very happy with the upgrade, but price is around $900/pair based on what I've seen and heard, so may want to see what another local has done and try theirs out first.

The troop seat is a completely different animal, more like a fabric hammock than seat that is spring loaded to shut and mounts on the back wall. Will have to rig something up just so I see how they feel.

BAE MRAP Seats 1 Rear Seat Bottom.jpgBAE MRAP Seats 1 Front & 1 Rear.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks