• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 931A2 no START after vacation , will have you in stitches

Jericho

Don't take a VACATION and leave your MVs in the your yard!!!! Recently went on vaca for ten days , returned to find a friend had attempted to start my M 931A2, He got it started but got scared and couldn't figure out how to shut it down. I had left little fuel in the tanks and opened the tank drains so it wouldn't build pressure , Spring brakes REMAINED engaged. SO he left it idleing until it ran out of fuel, ran batteries dead, Didn't notice it until I went to start it, charged batteries, wouldn't start, just rolled and rolled, no smoke from stack, primed it and with ether assist finally got it to crank. He confessed when I finally put two and two together. Time for a secret battery cut out on the horizon ( this week ) still have the friend , hopefully he is embarrassed enough to never do it again

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad it wasn't worse and you still have the friend. It's nice of him to pay for the cutout, that he doesn't get to see where it's installed (HINT) :)
Bulldogger

JDToumanian

You should tell your "friend" about one of the world's most amazing innovations: The Internet.

All knowledge on every subject in the history of the world is readily available on The Internet, even manuals for military trucks that could have taught him how to shut it down so as not to run you dry of fuel, kill your batteries, put on wear on engine and air compressor and carbon it up from idling for who knows how many days.... Or he could have manned up and texted you on your vacation to find out how to shut it down. This is what I'd have wanted to do to him! ----> :deadhorse:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was he going to do with it?

Drive it and wreck it and never admit to taking it in the first place?!
With No respect for someone's property, they would be no friend of mine.

Harsh yes, but he didn't tell you up front when you got back.
Its not like he borrowed a chainsaw.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
May I suggest you organize a little FAMILIARIZATION CLASS, and then have "Graduates" conscripted as your MOTORPOOL SECURITY FORCE, thus delinquency into purpose.

I have the neighborhood kids on my security team. If anyone of them sees something out of sorts, they have my phone number. In return, I give them rides around the neighborhood if their parents will allow it. I have never had to worry about bored kids tampering with our "schtuph". It's all about being a good neighbor.

Jericho

You all have very good points, I knew he has been enthralled with my larger truck. I live remotely and in a very rural area , I had asked him to check on my home while I was out of the country. I agree he was out of line just leaving it running , I think Our Padre has the solution, enlist those in the fold and train them, May find a good parade driver in the mix, little slap on the knuckles with the ruler !

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He should have read the -10 manual!!!

Will it never end? :doghead:

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when I disappear for any length of time I take a battery out, or at least disconnect one
I disconnect battery cable on my 813 as well. I figure if someone is industrious enough to read TM to figure out where batteries even are, put on cable and start it then I'd have a hard time stopping them by any means. I just don't want to make it easy. Got to at least earn it......

WV New Guy

Locking door handles and locking the tool boxes . A neighbor of ours was found by my wife lurking around our property and around the 923 we obviously increased our security due to this neighbor having a drinking problem I didn't want to return home and not find our truck . Even with locking door handles I still lock the steering with chain so if your gonna take it at least you gotta work at it .

Glad he only ran it out of fuel on you.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are much more forgiving than I... Even if that had been my brother, he'd get chewed out six ways from sunday.... A neighbor? I'd have a hard time not taking him to the deck right there....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks