• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 954A1 cold start

jhcattleco

I have a truck with a mack diesel. The truck puts out quite a bit of blue smoke and doesnt start under 40 degrees F. May need flow timed. Does anyone have any leads or info on how to adjust.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It is a m54a1, NOT a m954a1, and I would guess the starting and smoke issues are related to BAD rings

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have a truck with a mack diesel. The truck puts out quite a bit of blue smoke and doesnt start under 40 degrees F. May need flow timed. Does anyone have any leads or info on how to adjust.
Might help knowing which Diesel is in the truck.

I myself have never heard of a M954A1.
I hope the first post answers the second posts QUESTION

Bighurt

I hope the first post answers the second posts QUESTION
I'm not the expert you are. I wouldn't presume to know which series of trucks had a Mack. His first sentence, nor the following refer to having a military truck. Not recognizing M954, I couldn't even begin to guess.

I posted in an attempt to gather more information.

Next time I'll just let the posts go ignored until Ron stops by.

Cheers

M813A1

Blue smoke means that you are getting oil into the fuel mixture it could be worn rings , worn valve seals or a leaking turbo seals !! Does the blue smoke go away after it starts and warms up ?? If it does then I would say valve seals , if it is still blue after starting and you are rolling down the road then you have a ring or Turbo seal problem . If a turbo seal goes out you will ave a big plume of smoke coming out of te exhaust . The quickest way to fix a turbo seal is to change te turbo cartridge .. But if it is only blue when you hit the accelerator pedal or is a continuous light blue smoke then it could be the rings . Good Luck