• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1000 Trailer

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Where is it at? I've got a 916 in Cookeville if you need to use it to get it moved.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well, I’m now the proud owner of a M1000 trailer. Now I’ve just got to figure out how to get it home.
We also have lots of tires on wheels for those trailers as well as the wheel seal kits in cookeville as well if they are needed.

dmetalmiki

That is one serious trailer...Well done. or well done when you get it home.
I cann't even visualize using that over here in the U.K. But I would sure like trying!.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It’s in Texarkana. It will have to be hauled in, it’s not currently road worthy.
well if you need anything on it let me know. Eddie is the govplanet guy there and is a pretty good dude.

If you are needing a winch on or lift on then Red River Towing has the big wreckers over there. I deal with Ricky. He lifted about 20 or so SEEs for me onto my trailer. The two big wreckers can lift one of those huge container cranes so a lowboy can back under it. I think they charged 600 or 800 for that.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well if you need anything on it let me know. Eddie is the govplanet guy there and is a pretty good dude.

If you are needing a winch on or lift on then Red River Towing has the big wreckers over there. I deal with Ricky. He lifted about 20 or so SEEs for me onto my trailer. The two big wreckers can lift one of those huge container cranes so a lowboy can back under it. I think they charged 600 or 800 for that.
Thanks, I’ll check on that. I’ve already talked to a crane company, and one crane is going to be twice what the wreckers charge.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve been out of the game awhile, last EUC item I got was through GL.

GP is telling me it may take 2 months now

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HOW TO GET IT HOME???? What are you kidding it seems PAINFULLY OBVIOUS you just hook it behind your 1070 and drive home?? Its NOT a mystery!!!
Karl

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HOW TO GET IT HOME???? What are you kidding it seems PAINFULLY OBVIOUS you just hook it behind your 1070 and drive home?? Its NOT a mystery!!!
Karl
Well, the first part is, I don't have a 1070. I do have a truck to pull it, but until it has several wheels and tires replaced, and get the APU running, it's not going anywhere on the road.

Judging by the pictures, it also looks like there are several hyd line leaks, and it looks like the APU is going to take more than a little diesel and a hot battery to get it going.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
not to mention that would be a long drive at 45mph. Time you got home you hop in your F150 and you think your an indy driver.

I did an EUC in mid August. First one I had done in 2yrs. It cleared in 44 days.

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the first part is, I don't have a 1070. I do have a truck to pull it, but until it has several wheels and tires replaced, and get the APU running, it's not going anywhere on the road.

Judging by the pictures, it also looks like there are several hyd line leaks, and it looks like the APU is going to take more than a little diesel and a hot battery to get it going.
So it sounds like Karl is saying that you need to purchase a M1070 so you can tow your new trailer home. Win-Win!!

:naner:

m715mike

m16ty - Congratulations on your acquisition and good luck on the recovery!

Mitchell Putz (SS member putz273) has a M1000 trailer that was refurbished by a shop here in Texas. Mitchell uses the trailer in his heavy haul business and pulls it with both his Peterbilt and his M1070. He is very knowledgeable when it comes to this equipment. Feel free to give him a shout. I’ll PM you his number.

tatra813

I just sold my m1000. Takes to wreckers to load it and unload it

40 tires is a lot to deal with
For me it was just too wide to really use

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just sold my m1000. Takes to wreckers to load it and unload it

40 tires is a lot to deal with
For me it was just too wide to really use
Agreed, just for hobby piece or hauling legal loads, it's way too much trailer. There is no way I would even think about a M1000 if I didn't need one for it's capability. Also, every job it will be used on will have lifting equipment, so hauling it to the jobsite won't be a problem.

A comparable civilian trailer of the same size (think Goldhofer) would run you $100,000+. I've looked at the Goldhofers, but just can't justify that kind of investment, no more than we will use it.

I'm just waiting on my EUC to clear so I can get it home and find out how many repairs will need to be made. Does GP even sell a M1000 without bent wheels? Every one I've seen run through GP has at least a couple of bent wheels. Probably kin to the same guy that goes around to all the DRMO yards and bends all the CUCV driveshafts.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was at Red River Army Depot a few months ago, there were dozens and dozens of these trailers.
Most were damaged from battle and the long journey back to the states.
This was in the “back” area of RRAD and I wasn’t supposed to be back there. Wrong turn.

GP loves their monster forklifts
I still think there’s a contest between drivers on who can cause the most damage.

tatra813

Mine needed the steering cylinder replaced, cost me a couple grand for the part. The rest of the trailer came in good shape.

I’m now looking for a m747 trailer, but none to be found on west coast
I want to pull a trailer with my m1070 but looks like. I need to modify the neck of a civilian trailer to be tall enough,or find a m747
any ideas?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the EUC back for my trailer this week. I’ve got Red River Wrecker Servisce lined up to load it, and my Dad and a friend of mine are going down there to pick it up. I would like to have went, but I’ve got a big project going on and can’t make it.

Its just tough to get Eddy (the GP rep), wrecker service, and truck all lined up at the same time. We will see how it works out.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unloaded the trailer this afternoon at my place. No pics because it was dark. Just a quick look over in the dark shows the trailer is in fairly good shape, it has a couple of customary forklift marks on it though.You can clearly see where two forks went under the trailer on the drivers side front, blew out two tires, and tore up several lines and hoses. Besides a couple of wheels and a little bent sheet metal, it seems all of the hard parts are in good shape.

Tomorrow I'm going to get a hot battery and see if the apu will start.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks