• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008/28 bed bolts

Smokinyoda

Bought a replacement bed for my 1028 to replace the flatbed thats currently on it. Bed is in great shape, but as expected came with no bolts. Anyone know off hand the bolt lengths, and do just the front 4 go through top and bottom frame rails? Looks like the back 4 just go through the top rail. TM funished part #s but google search turned up no details. If nothing else I will just measure once I set the bed, just trying to have everything on hand first.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you google the nsn or gm part numbers?

Did you google with "parttarget" in the search with the NSN?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only the 2nd bolt from the front on each side goes through the entire frame. All the others go through the top flange only. Can't help with lengths.

Smokinyoda

Thanks, evidently I didnt click far enough in. Just went to main page that listed this generic info. Didnt notice the NSN was another link.

5306-00-012-9136
MS35751-92
Bolt, square NeckThread Series Designator: UNC
Thread Direction: Right-hand
Material: Steel comp 1010 overall
Military Standards (96906)
General Motors Corp. (24617)
National Aerospace Standards (80205)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The description sounds like a bed bolt but the threads listed are not. The thread is listed on Parttarget is 3/8 16 but the bed bolts are 1/2 13. Hmm

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
14013721 is the GM part number. Got mine from Vintage Parts,http://www.vpartsinc.com/, you have to buy a box of 5

Zenk

Just buy galvanized carriage bolts from your local Home Depot/Lowes/hardware store of choice.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do the 1 tons use longer bolts? I've heard they have but can't confirm. It would be worth a call to LMC prior to ordering a kit.

TGP (IL)

Do the 1 tons use longer bolts? I've heard they have but can't confirm. It would be worth a call to LMC prior to ordering a kit.[/QUOTE

I think they all are supposed to have two longer bolts. LMC don't List parts for one tons specifically, but most parts other than axles and suspension etc. are the same.
They show the two bolts in there bolt kit. Personally I have not bought that kit.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=37

Tom

cucvrus

Standard 1/2" carriage bolts from any hardware store. Buy 12" all thread carriage bolts for the front 4 bed mounts and make some crush pipes for inside the frame flanges out of some 3/4" pipe nipples. If you don't like the threads hanging down cut them off. The back ones will be 4" - 6" and work fine. No need to order bolts from LMC. Have you ever bought bumper bolts from them clowns. They send you a kit with 1/2" carriage bolts , flat washers , split lock washers , and standard 1/2" nuts. The standard carriage bolts OK I can live with that. better then spending hours detailing the OEM bumper bolts in the blast cabinet and sanding them. But at least get 1/2" serrated flange nuts and be done with it. New bolts new nuts makes life a lot easier on bed bolts and bumpers. Well anything really.

Lebowski

I got all my bed carriage bolt hardware from Home Depot. I too didn't know the needed lengths, so I measured after I dropped the bed on the frame. Measuring was fast and easy with a friend under the truck as spotter.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cool thing about these trucks is, for the most part, you can swap sheet metal and other that varying degrees of shading, they match right up. Speddmons truck with my old bed looks like they were always together.

TGP (IL)

Got a few more civilian upgrades done, painted the dash pad, door panels, added GM map pouches to the door panels, door upper vent shade visors.
Need to install interior today and get this truck ready for winter.
Sorry this was supposed to be in the What have you Done Thread, been a long night/day!
TGP

Attachments

Last edited:

xenocath

searching.............
fyi the lmc bed bolt kit falls short on the 2 bolts going thru the entire frame and spring hanger they come barely flush not enough to get a nut on.
just installed a gooseneck hitch in my truck making it necessary to remove bed bolts ordered kit from them and 6 out of 8 were fine used spinlocks instead of the crap hardware they sent but no dice on the long ones

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks