• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 3 color ARMY NG camo.

Jersey4x4

How and where can I find the color/patern sceme that the ARMY National Guard uses when they repaint the CUCV trucks. I have been told by the SGT. of the 119 corp bn that they use stencils now for the repaints. they just got 25 new/old 1008's and they look great with the newer 3 color large print camo. I am starting a repaint on my M1008, S-318, and M1101 and want it to be exact what is used. any ideas?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure they use stencils for the camo jobs, only for the lettering and stars. Most times I have seen the vehicle being divided up with a grease pencil into sections according to the manual on camo patterns, and sprayed in order of "1", "2", and "3" ("4" where applicable).

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe the manual calls for chalk outlines, not grease pencil. The grease pencil would be too hard to remoe while painting the truck and if you don't remove it as you go, the grease will keep the paint from sticking properly.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stand corrected, thanks for the info. And now you know why all my previous camo paint jobs look like the vehicle was hit by a bunch of guy with beer cans in one hand and paint rollers in the other.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks