• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 383 Pictures

Efituned

Just a few pictures. 1986 M1008 20K miles.

Everything works good with the swap. Plenty of power. Having a few issues with fuel vapor lock, but I plan on moving the fuel line away from the engine to resolve that hopefully.

I installed new door and window seals on the truck. When I got home from taking the pictures I slammed the door and the driver's window shattered.

Attachments

biggestc69

Looks good. We put a GM performance 350 in my boss's truck and it was night and day difference in the power department. Prepare for a pretty decent drop in mileage.

biggestc69

Looks like ya went with headers. The truck we converted's manifolds bolted straight up to the new motor. And for stock exhaust it doesn't sound half bad. Have you checked the mileage yet? I'm slowly kicking around the idea myself of a gas conversion. I would go by my boss's but he never keeps track of it.

Efituned

Yeah, it does have headers. Also has a Comp cam and roller rockers. Your right, the stock exhaust has a good sound to it, nothing crazy. I will check the mileage in the next few days as I will be driving it quite a bit.

Efituned

Mileage is around 9-11mpg, but I am having some fuel issues. Either it's vapor lock or the new mechanical fuel pump is struggling. I will be switching to electric by the end of this week and I will let y'all know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks