• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Accessories

aceventura2225

HI there, I'm looking for some military stuff to accessorize my m1008. I would like to get antenna mounts and whips but dont even know where to start? also any other ideas would be great. I plan gettting everything together then painting my truck.

airmech3839

troop seats? cargo cover? nice tires!! Winch!! you could be at this a long time!! try the classifieds and then check out some of ads on this site for parts. there are tons out there for the CUCV!! hope you find what you need/want!! Have fun and lets see some pictures!!!

HAWKMAN

I've got the antennna whips if you can't find them close to home but I'm fresh out of mounting brackets:cry: PM me if interested.:-D

idM1028

:ditto:
I've got troop seats for mine and a BII (Basic Issue Items: shovel, pick axe, etc.) rack that bolts on to the side of the troop seats. Unfortunately no tools :-( I'm not sure its original though. It came with the truck when I bought it. Think it might be for a deuce and a half. There were also radio racks that you could place in the bed just behind the cab between the troop seats. Theres also a fire extinguisher and bracket that bolts on the floor by the T-case shift lever. A lot of trucks seem to be missing these.

cucv1833

HI there, I'm looking for some military stuff to accessorize my m1008. I would like to get antenna mounts and whips but dont even know where to start? also any other ideas would be great. I plan gettting everything together then painting my truck.
What kind of whips are you looking for? Something for looks or with a CB?
If going with the CB i went with the Mount Ab-15 base and MS-16-17-18 whip on my Oh-9 and it works flawlessly and looks great. Got it all on Ebay for $150. Other than that troop seats would be a nice add on like said already. Then the possibiltys are endless. Good luck lets see pics when it comes together.