• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 alternator case broke

homegrown

So I have been having problems with my gen 1 alternator, I searched on here and looked through all the threads and came to the conclusion that it needed rebuilt, I ordered a rebuild kit from spring hill in florida and it came in yesterday, I pulled into my friends garage last night and when i took it off the truck the rear case came off in 2 piece, it appears to have been put on by the previous owner that way. There is a huge split running up to the rear shaft bearing and then to the passanger side of the alternator. bottom line is the thing is now un-usable..

So my question is does anyone have and extra alternator that they wanna get rid of?

I really wanna stick with the 27si and do not wanna go with the caddy alternator.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I have been having problems with my gen 1 alternator, I searched on here and looked through all the threads and came to the conclusion that it needed rebuilt, I ordered a rebuild kit from spring hill in florida and it came in yesterday, I pulled into my friends garage last night and when i took it off the truck the rear case came off in 2 piece, it appears to have been put on by the previous owner that way. There is a huge split running up to the rear shaft bearing and then to the passanger side of the alternator. bottom line is the thing is now un-usable..

So my question is does anyone have and extra alternator that they wanna get rid of?

I really wanna stick with the 27si and do not wanna go with the caddy alternator.

Contact HAWKMAN. He has some good takeoffs. And the price is right.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could buy a used case from a local repair shop. You can easily modify it to use with the isolated ground stud.