• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 alternator wiring help

POOR WHITE BOY

When i bought my truck - m1008 - somebody had cut the wiring harness and removed the alternators. I now have 5 or 6 wires with no ends on them that need to be connected to the correct terminals on the correct new alternators i installed. Anybody that can help ? Thanks , hal

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hal, go to the top of the page and click on the resource tab, scroll down to Tech Manuals. Scroll through there until you find TM 9-2320-289-20. Right click on that and download it to your puter. You will find the wiring diagrams in the appendix. Colors are noted in the diagram.

POOR WHITE BOY

NOT GOOD .....THE ALTERNATOR WIRING ......I WIRED IT UP JUST LIKE THE WIRING DIAGRAHM . IT KEPT ACTING LIKE IT HAD A BAD SHORT CIRCUIT WHEN I WENT TO CONNECT THE BATTERIES. I CHECKED AND RE CHECKED TO MAKE SURE THAT I HAD THE WIRING CORRECT TO THE ALTERNATORS. ALL WAS CORRECT....HOOKED THE BATTERIES UP AND WIRES STARTED MELTING AND SMOKING ON THE FIRE WALL . QUICKLY UN HOOKED THE CABLES - VERY HOT I MIGHT ADD. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT IN THE HARNESS SOMEWHERE I GUESS. TRUCK RUNS FINE WITH NO ALTERNATORS HOOKED UP .:cry: I THINK I AM GOING TO PULL THE MOTOR HARNESS AND ALL AND INSTALL 454 GAS MOTOR WITH NEW HARNESS. DONE MESSIN WITH THIS DIESEL MOTOR:cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks