• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 and H2 wheels

v8jeeptj

Just picked up my wheels and was wondering what lugnuts everyone runs?

Will the 315's fit stock

How much needs to be clearanced for the rims to fit? I planned on using a handheld router, is this a good idea?

chevymike

First, do NOT use the stock lug nuts. They are not the right style and can damage the wheels and could not hold a torque setting. What you need is the "bulge" style lug nuts. I got mine from Summit Racing. They were made by Gorilla.

Here's a pic of H2 wheels with 35x12.5x17. Front is stock hight. Had to trim the lower back corner on the fenders to clear.

http://gallery.lisaandmike.org/albums/m1010/PICT6077.jpg

rnd-motorsports

Wow they look Really good [thumbzup][thumbzup] had thought about a set before but that is as far as it got after seeing them on your truck I like the look my brother in-law has a set he said I could have last Christmas never took him up on the offer will have to call him see if he still have them! he is coming up from Tennessee in two weeks so maybe I will get lucky!

that M1010 looks great, mike!! been trying to decide what wheels to go with on mine. i plan on lifting it tho, and going 36-39" tires. i did pick up an old school set of aluminum wagon wheels with 33"s for too good of a price to pass up, but im worried that as heavy as these trucks are, i may be at risk of breaking them. and id rather just stash them away, since theyre pretty rare... actually saw an identical set, only 16"(mine are 16.5") online at a vintage wheel shop that were going for $990.00 !! so, even if theyre not worth anywhere near that, still dont want to risk it just because theyre kinda cool...

K9Vic

They look good, but would look much better black. I have been looking fir a set of H2 whels for some time for cheap, but hey atre ot easy to find cheap.

Croatan_Kid

I've been running a set of H2s for a while now....get some late model Dodge lugnuts. They're still 9/16-18 thread and are a bulged style. I got a set of them for 20 bucks shipped on Ebay. No need to machine the rims at all, they slide right on the hubs of a GM axle.