• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 and m1028 soft top truck caps

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, what happened to the earlier post? All the links disappeared.

Do an advanced search for "soft top" in the CUCV forum and you will find quite a few threads talking about fabric tops for the M1009. The pickups don't have them unless you cut the cab off.

Here is a cool top for the M1009

www.skylercorp.com

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the confusion on my part.

Are you asking for the cab or for the bed?

If for the Bed, yes there is a cargo cover and frame for the bed. Alot of guys have thrown them away. The TM 9-2320-289-20P shows all the parts. Starting at Figure 195, page 423

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, what happened to the earlier post? All the links disappeared.

Do an advanced search for "soft top" in the CUCV forum and you will find quite a few threads talking about fabric tops for the M1009. The pickups don't have them unless you cut the cab off.

Here is a cool top for the M1009

www.skylercorp.com

The original poster deleted the entire post and started a new one. Guess he didn't like the responses. I'll withhold mine.

DrJekl

They had cargo covers for the trucks. It used a folding frame similar to what a Jeep would use. The top had reinforced holes around the perimeter and they went over the stud type fastener with a rotating top end that keeps the top on. You can roll up the sides. It is like a nice little greenhouse when you ride in them during the summer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks