• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 and the RR survey

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got an opportunity to run my m1008 hyrail truck down the Port Royal railroad on Saturday, may 22. The South Carolina Railroad museum was asked to run the line and record it with video and pictures, as they maybe dismantling the line soon. We took the hyrail truck, and 3 speeders. The video camera was mounted on a tripod in the bed. I also had patched up the troop seats I got for it so we could carry many people.

The line was last run in 2003. The MCAS down there, had a fuel pipeline put in, and ripped up about 100ft of track, without replacing it. So we had to go back, get off, go down to the next crossing, and then get back on the railroad.

It was a fun day except the couple of downpours, and the blowout on the way there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, here is a couple of youtube video's. The Port Royal railroad used to deliver fuel and equipment to the MCAS and Paris Island training grounds.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3g5NorP2OQ[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE2U-_E1Qgg[/media]

Josh

That looks like so much fun. Always thought it would be awesome to have a truck with hi-rail gear, just jump on the track behind a freighter and follow him. (while I know that is illegal, it still would be fun)

rideni

That looks like so much fun. Always thought it would be awesome to have a truck with hi-rail gear, just jump on the track behind a freighter and follow him. (while I know that is illegal, it still would be fun)
not just illegal a really stupid idea to boot.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice video Ferro. How about all that expert help getting you off and on the track? Can't wait till we can ride again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks