• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Brake line set?

billybatts299

My CUCV (1986 M1008) front Right brake hose rusted through. I was able to get calipers, pads, hoses from my local advanced auto parts. However I want to get a pre bent brake line set. The truck is very rusty. LMC has sets however they say they only carry 1/2 & 3/4 ton parts and I should verify the 3/4 ton will work. What do you guys think? Do you know of a better option?

Any info you have on fuel lines would help, for that is my next project.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

cucvrus

You can make one fairly easy. You will need a double flaring tool. I think you can borrow a tool like that from an auto parts store. The one ton is unique with the extended brake hose brackets on the frame. Good Luck. I am fairly close if you need one made.

cucvrus

Did you order brake hoses for a 1984 Chevrolet K30 pickup? If you ordered them for a 1/2 or 3/4 ton they will not fit. This is a 1 ton truck. The calipers and banjo fittings are unique to the 1 ton truck. Good Luck. Report back. Get good quality stuff. While you are in there I would change the master cylinder, calipers and the rear wheel cylinders. Do it now and avoid the hassle later. Report back.

billybatts299

Thanks buddy, I did order K30 stuff and double checked the calipers and pads while i was there. I will pull the old lines out and fab up some myself. Just thought it would be easier to install pre bent like i did on my 72 c10.

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
with the pre bent line kits you need to order the kit for the 1 ton dually , Think the place I got mine from was Interline , I installed the stainless kit,