• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 Brush guard measurements?

kurama49

Hey guys! first post here, I was wondering if someone here could help me, Though i dont own a M-1008 I'm trying to make my K30 look like one as close as possible since i cant find a actual M1008 here in cape breton canada lol. So, I got the truck, i got the paint, The last thing I'm stuck on is the brush guard... Now I have a friend who works in a metal shop and says he could make me one for next to nothing, but he needs the measurements and some reference pictures. So, if someone could say get me a few close up pictures of but I'm just making due with what i can find, lol.

Anywho thank you guys in advance and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard.

I edited your post a little. Links to pics aren't allowed. If you want to post pics, you need to post them directly to the site.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just an hour from Canada, come on down and measure mine.

kurama49

thanks for the close up pictures guys, now, if i could get some measurements that would be awsome, so i know what size material and such to buy and how much of it

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are lucky: I just found one M1008-brushguard that I knew I had laying around somewhere, for years.

You will have all measurements put in a drawing to scale, tomorrow.
Plan on buying flatstock:
1-5/8" x 1/4", about 7.10m;
1-1/8" x 1/4", about 2.10m;
2-1/4" x 1/4", about 0.80m.
Also 1 plate, #1/4", 6" x 28", which would be enough for all brackets.

G.

Edit 02/19: Just added drawing plus pics.
Material is indicated in inches; all other dimensions are in mm. (divide by 25.4 to convert to inches).

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks G. We will make sure we keep the dimensions around for the future.

jbayer

While I don't have an M1008, nor need to make a brush guard for one, I'd still like to give a big thanks to gringeltaube for taking the time to make this, and all the other drawings that he posts up.
And even a material list to boot!
It's people like him doing that, that makes this a great site.
Thanks G[thumbzup]

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are welcome. Now, what you owe to this group is post up some good photos of the build process and finished product! ... Just don't forget it - or we will get you permanently banned...!:p

G.

GunnyM1009

I need this as well but can't get the attachment to open then again I could just need to enter the full site instead of the mobile version.

Last edited:

Mg84648

G,
I'd also like to echo the others sentiments. You are a stand up guy for doing what you did for a new member!
It took some effort and more importantly time to draw up those prints.
Thank you for helping make this site what it is.
MG

srs78

image.jpgimage.jpg

On the onset of this thread I posted some pics of my m1009 which was civilianized by the previous owner (less front & rear mil spec bumper, shackles, brushguard). After tedious effort, I was able to source all missing parts and have since installed them. In the process I also installed a Warn electric winch. Due to varied reasons, the m1009 is stuck in the body rebuilding phase. I turned my attention to completing the militarizing of my '87 sub 4x4. I have been able to use components from an m1008. I have also installed an electric winch. Still some ways to go. I hope the photos are helpful. Cheers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks