• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 build thread

USAWEAPON777

Alright guys well i got my m1008 fall of last year. Picked it up in philly and it drove home fine. As 20+ year old things are it has issues so i'm slowly working on it so its a nice and clean truck. So far i've replaced the rear axle gasket and fluid, replaced the power steering gear, and repainted the tailgate because i was bored lol. Today i pulled out the carpeting and seat and as i guessed theres some rust. Tommorrow i hope to sand it down and paint it. i sanded down some rust already at the bottom of the door jam and bondo'd it up. I'm not sure about the weatherstripping though as the lip on where it sits around the bottom of the door is kinda rusted away and of course since everyone loves pics! :) p.s i'm still in high school and with all honor classes and a farm to help out on i don't get to much time to work on it. but I'll be sure to try and keep the thread updated as much as possible.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks